Scotland Football History Book
- Relive Scotland's glorious history through newspaper headlines, in this fascinating book
- Add your recipient's Name and a Message on the title page
- You can also gold emboss the recipient's Name on the front cover
- Beautifully bound hardback book, 38 x 31cm
- Updated to include the 2014/2015 season
Discover the history and finest moments of Scotland’s National Team, through the newspapers, as written at the time.
On opening the book, you’ll read all about Scotland’s 3-0 win over England in 1921 in addition to the fascinating history of great international games and tournaments through the decades from the early 20th century.
Stories include the 3-1 thumping of England in front of a record Hampden Park crowd of 149,407 in 1937; the 4-2 win over Spain in 1957; plus infamous encounters such as being the first team to beat England after 1966. Relive Scotland’s World Cup tournaments qualifying for 5 consecutive finals from 1974 to 1990 including 1978 in Argentina where the team beat Holland 3-2 and 1982 where they held Russia to a 2-2 tie. European finals are covered also, including the 3-0 win over the CIS in 1992 and more recent encounters such as the back to back win over France in 2007.
Personalise Your Book
Add the recipient’s Name and a Message to the book, which will appear on the certificate featured on the title page. The recipient’s Name can also be gold embossed on the front cover.
Bring alive the greatest moments of Scotland’s achievements through the newspapers of the time in the form of our personalised Scotland football book. The news reports, written by reporters who were present at the time, give the reader an unparalleled insight into their favourite team’s rich history – a winning personalised Scotland gift for any fan. Beautifully bound in a leatherette cover, this Scotland memorabilia book starts with the earliest newspaper reports, covering Scotland’s most memorable games and star players, leading right up until last season. We’re sure the personalised Scotland book will quickly become a cherished keepsake.
These personalised Scotland Football Books are ‘Tabloid’ size 38 x 31cm, and beautifully bound in a choice of hardback covers:
- Premium Brown Leatherette Cover – A stylish brown leatherette cover, the book title is beautifully gold embossed to ensure this book stands out. This cover option also features a “Decorus Venatus” emblem, Latin for the beautiful game.
- Premium Brown Leatherette Cover – As above but also includes colour pages where available from recent coverage that make up 9% of the book.
- Luxury Leather Cover – Available in three vibrant colours; Red, Black and Blue, so you can choose a cover that best suits your team and tastes, making your gift really special and personal.